Topically, I use Three Flowers for:
- burns and sunburns
- dry/itchy skin
- as a facial toner if I feel like pampering myself
- as a liniment for muscles that are tight and achy from stress
- ditto for adding a few tablespoons to a nice, warm foot bath.
Three Flower Vinegar can also be used as a condiment or beverage. I add a teaspoon to a glass of water with a little honey or molasses as one of my favorite drinks when I'm feeling stressed out- much more interesting than soda, and much better for you, too. If you like kombucha, you should give it a try. It's similar to some of the "botanic" kombucha formulas on the market.
2 tbsp dried lavender buds
1/2 cup dried rose petals
1/4 cup dried elder flowers
2 cups apple cider vinegar (preferably one with the live culture, or the "mother" still included- the less processed, the better)
- Combine all the flowers in a clean glass canning jar, and add the apple cider vinegar.
- Stir to combine.
- The flowers will float to the top, so you will need to stir a few times over the next two weeks.